Make no mistake; technology markets make the world go around. Or at least, they make it more exciting. How? Just check out these technology trends you should be watching.
At the same time, you may want to check out the companies that develop such technological advances. Spoiler: Stark Industries not in the list!
AI/AR: Go After Tech Stocks!
These technologies aren’t altogether new. Companies have been using artificial intelligence and augmented reality for a while now.
But these technologies are still in their infancy, meaning we have yet to see a real-life JARVIS. Just imagine a fully functional digital butler!
Companies constantly invest their cash on AI, machine learning, and deep learning, hoping these techs will improve their business processes.
For investors, examples of public companies that invest in AI and AR technologies include:
- Amazon – “Alexa, play Despacito.”
- Google – Too bad Elon Musk (the closest we got as Tony Stark) gave up DeepMind.
- Nvidia Corporation – “No bullets left! Come on. These zombies look too realistic!”
- Tencent – “We’ll take eSports by storm! And pandas!”
Don’t Shout at the Cloud!
Cloud computing is a thing. This refers to the use of server networks on the internet for data storage, management, and processing.
We’re calling it: there would be a time when local servers and personal computers would play the tiniest role in computing.
But hey, you don’t need to go all geeky and become a programmer yourself to appreciate cloud computing.
All you need to do is look at the following companies making headway into this information technology advancement.
- Red Hat – Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud is a mouthful, but it works like magic
- Oracle – The Oracle partners with Microsoft to bring *drum rolls* multicloud!
- Dropbox – Think outside the box? Here’s a new one: think (and compute) with Dropbox!
Internet of Things
We’ve heard of the internet—an interconnected network of networks, where you get your latest cutesy cutesy cat videos.
But what if we got:
- Interconnected network of devices
- Interconnected network of content
- Interconnected network of services
- Interconnected network of people
Sounds tight, doesn’t it? We’re getting more connected as technology trends get even better. With the IoT tech still in its infancy, we can expect more to come.
Watch out for developments from these companies:
- Magneto IT Solutions – It’s not Professor X’s frenemy, but it sure is a huge upcoming power in IoT tech.
- Verizon – Yes, Verizon is here. Spoiler: its merging partner, AT&T, will make another list
The concept of a decentralized, distributed public ledger may have been laughable before. But thanks to Satoshi Nakamoto, the blockchain proved the skeptics wrong.
Cryptocurrencies are booming along with the underlying technology behind it. More governments are going crazy about it, and its mainstream appeal is increasing.
It’s a bit complicated, but let’s say the blockchain technology allows for a more secure, faster, and more efficient transactions.
We’re calling it again: a day will come, and you’ll do your trading on a blockchain platform.
Wait. If you’re trading bitcoins now, you’re already doing this, which means we’re right!
The point is blockchain has proven itself worthy of traders’ attention. And it will continue to do so. Just look at Facebook’s Libra. Or Ant Financial (Alibaba Group. Or the Winklevoss’ Gemini.
Your portfolio just got a bit bigger!
In 3, 2, 1… 5G Networks!
Just imagine those days when the biggest technological advancements we had were phones with antennae and text messaging capabilities.
Then we had phones and computers that can capture pictures and surf the net.
Fast forward to 2019, we’re on the brink of using 5G networks. That means if you think the 4G LTE service you’re using now is already fast, you’ll get blown away by 5G networks.
For comparison, just imagine that 4G LTE is a speeding cheetah, while 5G is close to Superman when he’s reversing the earth’s rotation.
For investors, the companies to lookout for include:
- Huawei – Easily the biggest dealmaker in the field of telecommunications equipment
- AT&T – We’d also be surprised if this company weren’t on the list
- Samsung – This one, too, would always make any list when it comes to smartphones.
- Basically all the most popular smartphone and equipment companies out there. They can’t afford to not adopt the newest standard, you know.
So, there you have it, the 5 top technology markets and technology trends you can watch out for this year.
Trading the stocks of these companies will (although some of them have yet to go public) probably take more time and effort. But that’s investing.
Be ahead of the curve and consider these your best tech market bets!
Get the latest economy news, trading news, and Forex news on Finance Brokerage. Check out our comprehensive trading education and list of best Forex brokers list here. Subscribe now and receive FREE updates on the market today!